When I started on a project it seemed to make sense to put a part of the project in a separate Git repository. In hindsight that wasn’t such a smart move. Here’s how I fixed it.
A site I’m working on uses
Font Awesome. Font Awesome is an iconic font
designed for use with
Twitter Bootstrap and
currently (version 4.0.0) includes 370 icons. It is an easy to use and
nice icon font. But I needed
PNG files of the icons so I could use
the same icons in a different system.
Currently I’m working on a project where I have the staging environment running on a virtual machine in a vlan. However, the virtual machine cannot directly access the internet for security reasons. This is inconvenient when I want to e.g. run a buildout to update the project.
This week, on June 11th, Twitter retired version 1 of their API. As a result, the Twitter portlets of some of our customers stopped working. They are all using collective.twitterportlet so we created a quick (and slightly dirty?) fix to get them up and running again: edition1.twitterportletfix.
Since early April 2013 this blog has moved from a shared hosting environment to a VPS.
Since I keep forgetting the name of this monitoring tool, I decided to create an article so I can jog my memory more easily.
A note to myself on how to get a quick insight in the content in a ZODB.
Since April 2012 we are using Whiskers to store information about our Plone and Django buildouts. But when I moved the setup behind SSL, the browser started to complain about unsafe content.
For about a month I have served this website using the CloudFlare free plan. This article describes what I observed.
On Wednesday the 12th of December, Goldmund, Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe organised a Diazo workshop. Douwe van der Meij and Kim Chee Leong introduced us to the wonderful world of theming Plone the easy way (my words, not theirs). Since this workshop took a full day, this is not a complete summary but a more an extended version of the notes I took during the day.