Currently I have about 30 tabs open in the browser on my phone. Quite a bunch of them I have open because I want to read the article in the future, already have read the article and want to reread or act on it, or a combination of the above. In this article I list the open tabs (and some notes) so I can close them on my phone, but still have a reference to them.
- Better Git configuration
- Some tips from Scott Nonnenberg to improve your Git configuration.
- My Python Development Environment, 2018 Edition
- A good description by Jacob Kaplan-Moss of how he uses pyenv, pipenv and pipsi for Python development.
- BorgBackup documentation
- Something I want to play around with—and perhaps use—to make backups.
- Ops School Curriculum
- A very comprehensive resource to learn to be an operations engineer.
- Serverless Ops: What do we do when the server goes away?
- Tom McLaughlin writes about the changing role of DevOps/Operations engineers in a ‘serverless’ world.
- Ask HN: How do you back up your site hosted on a VPS such as Digital Ocean?
- A bunch of comments with suggestions on how to arrange backups for a VPS. (I need some inspiration for my own VPS.)
- Securely Using Amazon S3 Buckets For Server Backups
- See above; this is one of the candidates.
- Awesome Sysadmin
- “A curated list of amazingly awesome open source sysadmin resources.”
- Automatic Server Hardening
- Server hardening tips plus Chef, Puppet and Ansible modules. (Source: Cron weekly, issue 94)
- Decent Security
- Information on how to secure your devices (Windows, routers).
- DevOps README.md
- “A curated list of things to read to level up your DevOps skills and knowledge” by Chris Short. (Source: DevOps’ish, issue 043)
- Monitoring and Observability
- A great post by Cindy Sridharan explaining the difference between monitoring and observability.
- A Model for Scaling Terraform Workflows in a Large, Complex Organization
- An article by Hibri Marzook about scaling your Terraform working practices.
- Site Reliability Guide for mybinder.org
- This might contain useful information about how mybinder.org sets things up and how to write this kind of documentation.
- Terraform, VPC, and why you want a tfstate file per env
- Another Terraform article, this time by Charity Majors.
- Testing in Production, the safe way
- Lots of information in this article by Cindy Sridharan.
- Working with Terraform: 10 Months In
- Perhaps this article by J.D. Hollis might save me some headache (if I get around to read it in time :) ).
- Dark Matter
- A book recommendation that I still need to check out. This was the first link that popped up when I Googled the title.
- Raspberry Pi Data Logger with InfluxDB and Grafana
- An article by John Whittington as input for my (almost dead) side project to collect and graph data from my smart meter.