A lightning talk by Thijs Jonkman at the Dutch Plone User Day once again brought Compass to my attention. I’ve read about it on other occasions, but I never actually tried it. But Thijs really wet my appetite.
Articles tagged as “plone”
This article is a short example of how to use a list as a value of a dict when using plone.app.registry. Perhaps a similar example is already in the docs, but I could not find it when I was looking for it. And since it took me some trial and error to get it right, I figured I could just as well post my solution.
On June 16th Jan-Jaap Driessen from The Health Agency (THA) organised a meeting to share knowledge about using Puppet, zc.buildout, release management and how those are related. For the most part, Jan-Jaap showed us his setup. My impression in one word: wow! They are running a tight ship at THA!
Today I wanted to set the workflow for the content type File to
After migrating a Plone 2.5 site to Plone 3, I got a
UnicodeEncodeError when viewing the site.
Initially I was a bit sceptic about Fabric. After all, I’m already using buildout to manage projects. “How much better can it get?” After watching the video of the Django Deployment Workshop (held by Jacob Kaplan-Moss at PyCon 2010 Atlanta), I finally decided to see for myself what Fabric is all about.
After a bit of experimentation I’ve succeeded in moving an existing Plone 3.3.5 from the normal FileStorage storage (in other words a ZODB in a Data.fs file) to RelStorage using PostgreSQL. This is a blog post about what I needed to change in the buildout configuration and which resources I used.
Yesterday I was experimenting with RelStorage and ran into an error:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'blob_storage' referenced before
One of the latest Plone books from Packt Publishing is Plone 3 Intranets (Design, build, and deploy a reliable, full-featured, and secure Plone-based enterprise intranet easily from scratch) by Víctor Fernández de Alba. Packt sent me a copy and asked me to review it.
While reading Plone 3 Intranets by Víctor Fernández de Alba, I discovered the “logreopen” command.